According to the treaty between Russian Federation and European from 01.06.2007 there is a facilitation on issuance of Schengen visas. Due the treaty the document stating the purpose of the travel for some visa categories might be different from the standard list, please refer to the information on the web site of the Representation of the European Commission in Russia.
The full text of the treaty can be found on the following link www.eur-lex.europa.eu.
- visa application form (click here)
- recent passport-style photo
- passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date
- document demonstrating applicant’s status as “road hauler” or “aircraft crew member”
- documents demonstrating the purpose of the journey
- proof of economic means of support as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000(click here)
- health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of €30,000 for emergency hospital and repatriation expenses
- Consent for processing the personal data. The form is located in the following section (Application forms)
the Diplomatic or Consular Representation reserves the right to request further documentation