Family motives (FAMILY REUNION) minor citizens

This visa type is issued for the family reunion with a foreign citizen, holder of the permanent residence permit in Italy (Carta or Permesso di soggiorno) with the validity period of not less than one year with the purpose of subordinate employment, independent labor activity, researches, political asylum, additional security, studies, religious motives and family reunion. The foreign citizens whose residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) is issued in accordance with the art. 27 order 286/1998 (researches), are being given the Nulla Osta consent irrespectively of the residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) validity period.



To make an appointment for this visa type, please send a copy of the first page of the passport to e-mail



 1. THE APPLICATION FORM type D with 2 recent photos

(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form. If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Italy Visa Center or downloaded from our website.

2. Official Authorization (NULLA OSTA)

valid within 6 months from the date of issue, issued by the Immigration Department of the competent prefecture in a region in which the inviting foreign citizen resides.

3. Original and copy of the BIRTH CERTIFICATE with apostille and legalized translation.

If the parents’ surnames mentioned in the birth certificate differ from the present ones – the DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING THE SURNAME CHANGE must also be applied.
All DOCUMENTS PROVING FAMILY CONNECTIONS must be applied in original and copy.
All documents, except for birth and death certificates, are valid within 6 months from the reissue date.

This document should  be affixed with the apostille and preferably legalized translation.  Please, note that free translation (without legalization) of the abovementioned document will be enough for obtaining visa. However, applicants are advised to have the legalized translation as it is required for obtaining a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) in Italy.

Documents issued in Italy or those of the international standard do not require an apostille. Documents issued in other countries require an apostille and legalized translation in the country of issue.

4. Original and copy of the NOTARIAL EXIT PERMIT on behalf of one of the parents.

The owner of the Official Autorization (Nulla Osta) may not present an exit permit.

The notarial exit permit for the minor’s travel must be affixed with an apostille and legalized translation.

It must contain the information that a child leaves to Italy for the permanent residence on the family reunion purpose.

In case of the absence of one parentOTHER ACTS OF CIVIL STATUS must be applied instead of an exit permit. Their originals should be affixed with apostilles and legalized translations:

- If one of the parents was deprived of parental rights, the original and copy of the corresponding court decision (valid within 6 month from the issue date) must be applied;
– The original and copy of the court decision (valid within 6 month from the issue date) declaring the parent’s death can be applied (PLEASE NOTE! the court decision declaring the parent’s missing is not accepted);
– If at the child’s birth the father’s surname was registered according to mother’s word the original and copy of the extract from the state civilian status acts’ birth register (valid within 6 month from the issue date), where the information on father is registered according to the part 1, art. 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine must be applied;
– If one of the parents is dead the original and copy of the death certificate affixed with an apostille and legalized translation must be applied.



• An international passport and copies of all its filled pages. The passport should be valid at least three months after the visa expiration period and it should be issued not earlier than 10 years ago (Art. Visa Code 12). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.

All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by any other specialized organization.

The presence of all mentioned documents by no means makes the visa issue obligatory or automatic.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.