Foreign flagged vessel
1. THE APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) Every column of the application form must be typed in or filled in with block letters. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Italy Visa Center or downloaded on our website.
2. AN INVITATION LETTER from the Italian maritime agency verified by the stamp of the Italian port authority (Capitaneria).
3. Sealed CREW LIST indicating a vessel name and a seaman’s qualification.
4. PERSONAL FINANCIAL GUARANTEES which are to cover the expenses of the whole period of stay in Italy:
BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the balance of the applicant’s non-card bank account, active at least for last 3 months, and the ACCOUNT ACTIVITY CONFIRMATION for the last 3 months;
AN INTERNATIONAL BANK CARD (original and copy), and the original of the BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the state of the visa applicant’s bank account (in any currency), containing his/her Surname, Name, Patronymic, card number and the account remaining balance.
In case of submitting the embossed international bank card the ATM receipt (valid within three days) can be applied instead of the bank certificate;
Originals and copies of TRAVELLER’S CHEQUES;
The visa applicant must confirm the existence of his/her personal financial guarantees even if the inviting part covers the expenses connected with his stay in Italy.
5. TICKET RESERVATION: one way or with an open date.
6. INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE:
(original and copy), valid throughout the territory of Schengen countries. The policy must cover all the period of stay in Italy + 15 days corridor. The minimal amount of insurance coverage is 30,000 Euro.
Health insurance can be purchased directly at the Italy Visa Center.
• An international passport and copies of all its filled pages. The passport should be valid at least three months after the visa expiration period and it should be issued not earlier than 10 years ago (Art. Visa Code 12). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport. Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of all its filled pages.
The above mentioned list includes the minimal set of documents necessary for submission. It doesn’t mean that with the presence of all these documents the visa issue is being obligatory or automatic.
Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request for additional documentation.