Family motives (family reunion) with the EU citizens
National visa type D “Family reunion with the EU citizens determined by art. 2 of the Legislative Decree № 30/2007” has been abrogated.
Thus applicants who have intention to reunite with their close relatives- citizens of EU must apply for short term multi entries visa type C up to 90 days of stay. In case of over 90 days stay family member of an EU citizen must apply for residence card at the local Questura (Police Immigration Office) by providing the documents listed in art. 10 of Legislative Decree 2007, and execute administrative procedures of registration at Comune (town hall).
Used according to the Decree:
a) “EU citizen”: every person holding the citizenship of the Member State;
b) “relative” :
2) a partner who has concluded an agreement with the EU citizen whose union was registered inaccordance with the legislation of the member-state and the adherence to the following conditions:
- the legislation of the receiving member-state equates the registered union with marriage;
- the union has been concluded taking into account the adherence to the correspondent legislation of
the receiving member-state;
3) Close relatives-descendants aged till 21 y.o., or the ones supported by one of the spouse or partners (par. “b” art. 2);
4) Close relatives-ascendants (parents) supported by one of the spouse or partners (par. “b” art. 2)
c) “Host Member State”: a Member Statethe EU citizen is traveling toon the purpose of enjoyment of the right to free movement and residence.