Family motives for FAMILY REUNION
Documents for visa request of “FAMILY MOTIVES” for family reunion with foreign (non-EU country) citizen
To make an appointment for this visa type, please send a copy of the first page of the passport to e-mail email@example.com
This visa type is issued for the family reunion with a foreign citizen, holder of the permanent residence permit in Italy (Carta or Permesso di soggiorno) with the validity period of not less than one year with the purpose of subordinate employment, independent labor activity, researches, political asylum, additional security, studies, religious motives and family reunion. The foreign citizens whose residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) is issued in accordance with the art. 27 order 286/1998 (researches), are being given the Nulla Osta consent irrespectively of the residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) validity period. This visa type allows the under-mentioned family members of a foreign citizen, resident of Italy, recipient of the consent (Nulla Osta) at the authorized Immigration department, who intends to use his/her right for the family reunion, the enter the Italian Republic with the purpose of the long-term stay. According to the law N.76 dated 20 of March 2016 (“Regulation of civil marriages between partners of same sex and the order if their co-residence”) the right for the family reunion covers the foreign citizens of the same sex, united by the civil marriage.
Categories of family members, specified in the art. 29 of the Order 286/1998:
1) spouse (or partner in civil marriage) aged not less than 18 y.o., if the spouses have not officially broken up;
2) minor children of a spouse or extramarital children, upon the preliminary consent of the other parent, if any. Minor children are those children, who have not yet reached 18 y.o. at the moment of the consent (nulla osta) request submission to the Immigration department;
3) adult children living at the parental expense, if they have no possibility to provide for themselves due to the health condition (total disability). In such case the medical statement of the abovementioned health condition, issued by the Ukrainian medical institutions, verified by a medical worker, accredited at the Italian Diplomatic Representation in Ukraine, should be provided;
4) parents living at the expense of their children, if they don’t have other children in the country of origin. In such case parents should provide the FAMILY COMPOSITION CERTIFICATE to confirm the fact that they don’t have other children in the country of origin;
5) parents living at the expense of their children, older than 65 y.o., if other children in the country of origin cannot support them due to the documented serious health problems, which should be confirmed by the medical statement, issued by the authorized Ukrainian medical institutions and verified by a medical worker, accredited at the Italian Diplomatic Representation in Ukraine.
ATTENTION! There’s the additional list of documents for minors specified in the “Minor citizens“ section.
1. THE APPLICATION FORM (D-type) with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form. If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
2. OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATION (Nulla Osta)
valid within 6 months from the date of issue, issued by the Immigration Department of the competent prefecture in a region in which the inviting foreign citizen resides.
3. CIVIL STATUS ACTS, documents confirming family connection
submitted in original and copy. These documents should be affixed with the apostille and preferably legalized translation. All documents except certificates of birth and death are valid 6 months after re-issuance.
Please, note that free translation (without legalization) of the abovementioned documents will be enough for obtaining visa. However, applicants are advised to have the legalized translation as it is required for obtaining a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) in Italy.
Documents issued in Italy or those of the international standard do not require an apostille. Documents issued in other countries require an apostille and legalized translation in the country of issue.
4. DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING THE REUNION NECESSITY FOR FAMILY MEMBERS LISTED IN ITEMS 3,4,5 OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:
- ORIGINALS OF THE SENDER’S RECEIPTS (receipts issued by a Ukrainian bank-recipient are not accepted) confirming regular money transfers (at least 1 receipt per month), which clearly state that the payer is a relative of the money transfer receiver/”family reunion” visa applicant.
Applicants should provide confirmation of the regular, permanent money transfers from their relatives, residing in Italy (for a period of at least 6 months before the visa application request in the amount of not less than two Ukrainian living wages) in order to prove the financial dependence of an adult Ukrainian citizen upon his/her relatives in Italy.
ATTENTION!!! In caseif it is not possible to submit Italian bank transfer receipts, the notarial application confirming that during the last 6 or 12 months the applicant receives financial support from Italy from relatives requesting the family reunion. This notarial letter must also contain the reason why the Italian bank transfer receipts cannot be submitted.
In case of the reunion of parents with children, parents – pensioners should submit a pension certificate and a certificate from the Pension Fund indicating monthly pension amount for the last 6 months.
• An international passport and copies of all its filled pages. The passport should be valid at least three months after the visa expiration period and it should be issued not earlier than 10 years ago (Art. Visa Code 12). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of all its filled pages.
All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by any other specialized organization.
The presence of all mentioned documents by no means makes the visa issue obligatory or automatic.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.