Tourist visa for close relatives of the EU citizens
Document requirements for the request of the tourist visa by the citizens of Third countries – relatives of the citizens of the European Union or European Economic Area who exercise their right for free movement.
2) A partner who has concluded an agreement with the EU citizen whose union was registered in accordance with the legislation of the member-state and the adherence to the following conditions:
- the legislation of the receiving member-state equates the registered union with marriage;
- the union has been concluded taking into account the adherence to the correspondent legislation of the receiving member-state;
3) Close relatives-descendants (grandchildren, children) aged till 21 y.o., or the ones supported by one of the spouse or partners;
4) Close relatives-ascendants (parents)
All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by a ny other specialized organization.
The translation of standard documents can be ordered at the Italian Visa Center and our branch offices.
1. APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant (on pages 3 and 4 of the application form). If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
ATTENTION! While registering the appointment for the documents’ submission through our site, you simultaneously fill in the application form that can be printed after the registration procedure.
2. AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION:
INVITATION LETTER OF THE NEW SAMPLE in original or copy (which can be downloaded at the following link):
in which the family relations are confirmed along with the fact that the marriage has already been registered at the Commune … (for spouses only), and the fact that the invited person travels together with the inviting person (e.g. providing the copies of tickets reservation) or the fact that he/she goes to the inviting person to Italy. The present document should be signed by the EU citizen or the foreign citizen – relative of the EU citizen, legally residing in Italy. The COPY OF THE ID DOCUMENT OF THE INVITING PERSON, with clearly visible personal data and signature, should be provided along with the invitation.
ATTENTION: Other listed below relatives should also provide other documents proving family connection.
The following documents are accepted:
• passport or the internal ID document (carta d’identita) for the citizens of Italy (copy),
• passport or the internal ID document (carta d’identita) for the EU citizens – residents of Italy (copy),
• residence permit (permesso di soggiorno/carta di soggiorno) for foreigners residing in Italy (copy).
In case accommodation address differs from the one of the inviting person - the inviting party should apply documents confirming the ownership or rent of the apartment (copy).
Attention! For close relatives of the citizens of Italy (residing in- or outside of Italy) and European Union – residents of Italy the document proving family connection is to be issued in no more than 6 months before the submission of the visa application.
Relatives of the EU, EEA and Swiss Confederation citizens (married couple, children up to 21 years old or ascendants – parents) are excused from the necessity to submit documents confirming their social and economic status, means of subsistence, medical insurance or transport.
For close relatives of the EU citizens-non-residents of Italy – the marriage certificate proving the family connection is to be apostilled and issued in no more than 6 months before the submission of the visa application. The international marriage certificate (if such can be issued in the country of residence of a EU citizen) does not require the apostille and remains valid within 6 months from the date of issue.
- An international passport and copies of its filled pages. The passport should remain valid at least three months after the visa expiration date and its date of issue should not exceed the 10-year period (Art. 12 of the Visa Code). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
- All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
- The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.
All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by any other specialized organization.
The presence of all mentioned documents by no means makes the visa issue obligatory or automatic.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.