ATTENTION! There is the additional list of documents for minors specified in the “Minor citizens“ section.
The Visa Center brings your attention to the fact that after the launch of visa free regime, it became more frequent the cases when Ukrainian travelers asked Italian citizens, whom they met via the Internet or social media, to send money for a trip, but after receiving this money the connection was cut off.
THE EMBASSY DOESN’T RECOMMEND SENDING MONEY TO UKRAINE TO THOSE PEOPLE, WHOM YOU DON’T KNOW PERSONALLY OR WITH WHOM THERE ARE NO CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONS.
1. APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form. If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
2. AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION:
INVITATION LETTER OF THE NEW SAMPLE in original or copy (which can be downloaded at the following link):
signed by the citizen of Italy or the foreigner legally residing in Italy
and THE COPY OF THE ID DOCUMENT OF THE INVITING PERSON with clearly visible his/her personal data and signature:
• a passport or an ID document (carta d’ identita) for the citizens of Italy (copy),
• a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno/carta di soggiorno) for foreigners residing in Italy (copy).
In case accommodation address differs from the one of the inviting person - the inviting part should apply documents confirming the ownership or rent of the apartment (copy).
For relatives, except all above mentioned, the originals and copies of documents proving family connection should be also applied (certificate of marriage, birth etc.)
For close relatives of the citizens of Italy (residing in- or outside of Italy) and the European Union – residents of Italy
the document proving family connection is to be issued in no more than 6 months before the submission of the visa application.
Relatives of the EU, EEA and Swiss Confederation citizens (married couple, children up to 21 years old or ascendants – parents) are excused from the necessity to submit documents confirming their social and economic status, means of subsistence, medical insurance or transport.
For close relatives of the EU citizens-non-residents of Italy
The marriage certificate proving the family connection is to be apostilled and issued in no more than 6 months before the submission of the visa application.
The international marriage certificate (if such can be issued in the country of residence of a EU citizen) does not require the apostille and remains valid within 6 months from the date of issue.
HOTEL RESERVATION with indicated address, telephone numbers of the hotel, period of stay, names and surnames of ALL applicants.
original and copy of the official CONTRACT OF TENANCY and the confirmation of the rent payment. The owner must provide his/her ID document.
If the applicant plans to stay in other Schengen countries as well – the corresponding hotel confirmations must be applied.
3. EMPLOYMENT CONFIRMATION:
• CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT
printed on the official form of the Employer with the telephone numbers, address, registration data of the Employer, personal data of the employee, date of his/her employment, occupied position and income (including the indication of the monthly salary for the last 6 months). The certificate should contain dates of the trip and the confirmation of the position preservation after the end of the trip.
The certificate is valid within one month.
Private entrepreneurs submit one of the following documents:
• original and copy of the registration certificate/extract,
• tax inspection certificate describing the income for the last six months (valid within one month)
• private entrepreneur tax declaration for the last reporting period (according to the private entrepreneur’s single tax group) with the stamp or receipt of the tax administration.
Employees of private entrepreneurs submit:
• employment certificate with the indication of the income for the last six months;
• a copy of the Employer’s registration certificate, sealed with the Employer’s stamp.
• original and copy of the pension certificate.
Schoolchildren and students submit:
• sealed educational establishment certificate (the permit of the educational establishment confirming the absence from the lessons must be submitted if the visa is requested during the academic period). The certificate is valid within one month.
In case of absence of the official employment:
• written statement, signed by the applicant, illustrating the his/her economic status. The confirmative documentation can be attached (see item 7).
4. PERSONAL FINANCIAL GUARANTEES reserved for the whole period of stay in Italy:
BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the balance of the applicant’s non-card bank account, active at least for the last 3 months, and the ACCOUNT ACTIVITY CONFIRMATION for the last 3 months;
AN INTERNATIONAL BANK CARD (original and copy), and the original of the BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the state of the visa applicant’s bank account (in any currency), containing his/her Surname, Name, Patronymic, card number and the account remaining balance.
In case of submitting the embossed international bank card the ATM receipt (valid within three days) can be applied instead of the bank certificate;
Originals and copies of TRAVELLER’S CHEQUES;
Original and copy of a BANK GUARANTEE (fidejussione bancaria) issued by the Italian banking or insurance authority;
NOTARIAL LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP executed by the third person (citizen or resident of Ukraine) with indication of a trip dates; and a copy of the internal passport (filled pages) and personal financial guarantees of the sponsor:
• embossed bank card + ATM receipt;
• unembossed bank card + bank certificate with the full name of the sponsor, remaining balance of the account and card number;
• current account: bank certificate confirming the remaining balance + the account activity during the last 3 months.
The notarial letter of sponsorship is not required in case a married couple, children and parents or grandparents with grandchildren are travelling together. Copies of documents confirming financial guarantees and family connection (certificate of marriage, birth etc.) must be provided to family members.
The Visa Center brings your attention to the fact that after the launch of visa free regime, it became more frequent the cases when Ukrainian travelers asked Italian citizens, whom they met via the Internet or social media, to send money for a trip, but after receiving this money the connection was cut off. THE EMBASSY DOESN’T RECOMMEND SENDING MONEY TO UKRAINE TO THOSE PEOPLE, WHOM YOU DON’T KNOW PERSONALLY OR WITH WHOM THERE ARE NO CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONS.
5. INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE:
(original and copy), valid throughout the territory of Schengen countries covering the requested period of the first trip and a 15-day corridor from the specified returning date. The minimal amount of insurance coverage is 30,000 Euro.
6. TICKET RESERVATION
with fixed dates, both ways, in case of travelling by plane, train or regular bus.
OR in case of traveling by car the following documents are necessary:
• original and copy of the vehicle registration certificate,
• original and copy of the «greencard» insurance,
• original and copy of the driver’s license,
• if the vehicle is rented, the original and copy of the vehicle rent agreement.
7. DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING ECONOMIC STATUS (applied optionally):
• documents confirming the property ownership or other sources of income (original and copy), land ownership, life-time lease etc.
• An international passport and copies of its filled pages. The passport should remain valid at least three months after the visa expiration date and its date of issue should not exceed the 10-year period (Art. 12 of the Visa Code). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.
All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by any other specialized organization.
The presence of all mentioned documents by no means makes the visa issue obligatory or automatic.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.