The “medical treatment” visa provides a short- or a long-term entry, but, in any case, for a specified period, for a foreign citizen who is in need to undergo the course of medical treatment at the Italian accredited state or private medical institutions. The “medical treatment” visa can be also issued to a person, accompanying the diseased foreign citizen and assisting him/her, given the correspondent finances and necessary documents.
WE INFORM THAT FROM MARCH 11, 2019, THE NATIONAL VISA REQUESTS CAN ALSO BE SUBMITTED TO ALL BRANCHES OF THE VISA CENTER OF ITALY (VISA MANAGEMENT SERVICE), AN EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDER, AUTHORIZED BY THE EMBASSY FOR VISA REQUESTS IN KIEV AND THROUGHOUT THE TERRITORY OF UKRAINE.
1. APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form. If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
ATTENTION! While registering the appointment for the documents’ submission through our site, you simultaneously fill in the application form, that can be printed after the registration procedure.
2. MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION, which states the following information:
- Medical documentation, issued in the country of residence, verifying the disease of an applicant;
- Certificate from an Italian state or private medical institution (the latter should be accredited at the National health care service), specifying the type of treatment, starting date, duration and approximate price;
- Certificate from an Italian medical institution, confirming the advance payment of min. 30% from the total required value or, as an alternative, the exact regional decree or similar consent, issued by the Ministry of health care in the sphere of humanitarian programs.
3. DOCUMENTS, CONFIRMING THE EXISTENCE OF RESOURCES in ITALY,
sufficient for the COVERAGE OF MEDICAL EXPENSES, ACCOMMODATION AND NUTRITION outside the medical institution and the ones, needed for the return back to the homeland. The following expenses could be covered by an applicant himself, private enterprises, popular humanitarian organizations or third parties.
4. THE ACCOMPANYING PERSON OF THE DISEASED FOREIGN CITIZEN should apply the INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL INSURANCE POLICY
(original and copy), valid throughout the territory of Schengen countries covering the requested period of the first trip and a 15-day corridor from the specified returning date. The minimal amount of insurance coverage is 30,000 Euro.
Health insurance can be purchased directly at the Italian Visa Сenter.
5. TICKET RESERVATION
• original and copy of the «greencard» insurance,
• original and copy of the driver’s license,
• if the vehicle is rented, the original and copy of the vehicle rent agreement.
• An international passport and copies of its filled pages. The passport should remain valid at least three months after the visa expiration date and its date of issue should not exceed the 10-year period (Art. 12 of the Visa Code). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.