“INVITO” (official visit)
The official visit visa allows the entry and the short-term stay to a foreign citizen, invited by the commonly known organizations, establishments (state or private) for the participation in special scientific, political or cultural events.
1. APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant on pages 3 and 4 of the application form.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
2. INVITATION LETTER in original from the commonly known organization or establishment (state or private) and THE COPY OF THE ID DOCUMENT of the official representative of the inviting party who signed the invitation (copy of pages with personal data and signature of the document holder). The following documents are accepted:
• a passport or an ID document (carta d’identita) for the citizens of Italy (copy),
• a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno/carta di soggiorno) for foreigners residing in Italy (copy).
3. AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION:
original and copy of the official CONTRACT OF TENANCY and the confirmation of the rent payment. The owner must provide his/her ID document.
If the applicant plans to stay in other Schengen countries as well – the corresponding hotel confirmations must be applied.
4. EMPLOYMENT CONFIRMATION:
• CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT
printed on the official form of the Employer, with the telephone numbers, address, registration data of the Employer, personal data of the employee, date of his/her employment, occupied position and income (including the indication of the monthly salary for the last 6 months). The certificate should contain dates of the trip and the confirmation of the position preservation after the end of the trip.
The certificate is valid within one month.
Private entrepreneurs submit one of the following documents:
• original and copy of the registration certificate/extract,
• tax inspection certificate describing the income for the last six months (valid within one month)
• private entrepreneur tax declaration for the last reporting period (according to the private entrepreneur’s single tax group) with the stamp or receipt of the tax administration.
• employment certificate with the indication of the income for the last six months;
• a copy of the Employer’s registration certificate, sealed with the Employer’s stamp.
• original and copy of the pension certificate.
• sealed educational establishment certificate (the permit of the educational establishment confirming the absence from the lessons must be submitted if the visa is requested during the academic period). The certificate is valid within one month.
AN INTERNATIONAL BANK CARD (original and copy), and the original of the BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the state of the visa applicant’s bank account (in any currency), containing his/her Surname, Name, Patronymic, card number and the account remaining balance.
In case of submitting the embossed international bank card the ATM receipt (valid within three days) can be applied instead of the bank certificate;
Originals and copies of TRAVELLER’S CHEQUES;
6. INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE:
(original and copy), valid throughout the territory of Schengen countries covering the requested period of the first trip and a 15-day corridor from the specified returning date. The minimal amount of insurance coverage is 30,000 Euro.
7. TICKET RESERVATION
• original and copy of the «greencard» insurance,
• original and copy of the driver’s license,
• if the vehicle is rented, the original and copy of the vehicle rent agreement.
8. DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING ECONOMIC STATUS (applied optionally):
• documents confirming the property ownership or other sources of income (original and copy), land ownership, life-time lease etc.
• The international passport and copies of its filled pages. The passport should remain valid at least three months after the visa expiration date and its date of issue should not exceed the 10-year period (Art. 12 of the Visa Code). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.