The sporting visa is issued for the short-term trips of sportsmen, technical and sport directors, coaches of the general sporting training, intending to take part or are invited to take part in the amateur or professional event, single-time competitions or in a number of sporting events in Italy, organized by the national sporting federations or sporting unions, acknowledged by the National Olympic Committee of Italy.
ATTENTION! There’s the additional list of documents for minors specified in the “Minor citizens“ section.
1. APPLICATION FORM with 2 photographs
(color photos on white background, 3,5×4,5 sm) filled in by hand with block letters in English or Italian languages in each column. The form must contain the full home address, telephone number, city code and the personal signature of the applicant (on pages 3 and 4 of the application form). If the applicant is under age the form must be signed by one of the parents or tutors.
The sample of the application form can be received free of charge at the Embassy, Italian Visa Center or downloaded from the Embassy or our website.
2. OFFICIAL INVITATION FROM THE NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE OF ITALY (C.O.N.I.),
or from the Italian sporting federation, or from other organizations, acknowledged by the National Olympic Committee of Italy or by other equal organization,
which confirms the applicant’s participation in the sporting event and contains the request of the corresponding visa issue (which must also contain the name of the sporting event or team, which takes part in the event, and the list of participants, their personal data and positions).
3. SUBMISSION LETTER FROM THE UKRAINIAN SPORTING FEDERATION,
or from the acknowledged sporting organization the applicant belongs to, which contains the personal data and status of the team members, name and the activity period of the sporting event.
4. DOCUMENTS REGARDING ACCOMMODATION IN ITALY (if it is not indicated in the invitation letter):
HOTEL RESERVATION with mentioned address, telephone numbers of the hotel, period of stay, names and surnames of each applicant.
original and copy of the official CONTRACT OF TENANCY and the confirmation of the rent payment. The owner must provide his/her ID document.
If the applicant plans to stay in other Schengen countries as well – the corresponding hotel confirmations must be applied.
5. PERSONAL FINANCIAL GUARANTEES reserved for the whole period of stay in Italy:
BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the balance of the applicant’s NON-card bank account, active at least for last 3 months, and the ACCOUNT ACTIVITY CONFIRMATION for the last 3 months;
AN INTERNATIONAL BANK CARD (original and copy), and the original of the BANK CERTIFICATE (valid within one month) confirming the state of the visa applicant’s bank account (in any currency), containing his/her Surname, Name, Patronymic, card number and the account remaining balance.
In case of submitting the embossed international bank card the ATM receipt (valid within three days) can be applied instead of the bank certificate;
Originals and copies of TRAVELLER’S CHEQUES;
6. INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE:
(original and copy), valid throughout the territory of Schengen countries covering the requested period of the first trip and a 15-day corridor from the specified returning date. The minimal amount of insurance coverage is 30,000 Euro.
Health insurance can be purchased directly at the Italian Visa Сenter.
7. TICKET RESERVATION
with fixed dates, both ways, in case of travelling by plane, train or regular bus.
OR in case of traveling by car the following documents are necessary:
• original and copy of the vehicle registration certificate,
• original and copy of the «greencard» insurance,
• original and copy of the driver’s license,
• if the vehicle is rented, the original and copy of the vehicle rent agreement.
8. DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING ECONOMIC STATUS (applied optionally):
• documents confirming the property ownership or other sources of income (original and copy), land ownership, life-time lease etc.
• An international passport and copies of its filled pages. The passport should remain valid at least three months after the visa expiration date and its date of issue should not exceed the 10-year period (Art. 12 of the Visa Code). There should be at least two blank pages in the passport left (for a visa and border crossing stamps). Passports with an extended validity period are not accepted.
• All other international passports: valid (and copies of all pages), and expired (and copies of all filled pages).
• The internal passport and copy of its filled pages.
All documents in Ukrainian or any other language (excluding English or Italian), except for the internal passport, must be submitted with the average translation into English or Italian languages. The translation can also be performed by a translation agency or by any other specialized organization.
The presence of all mentioned documents by no means makes the visa issue obligatory or automatic.
The Diplomatic or Consular Mission reserves the right to request additional documentation.
If there is no reference from the National Olympic Committee of Italy C.O.N.I., or in case the events are organized by the sport federations, not acknowledged by the Olympic Committee, by other organizations, or for the period of trainings or acclimatization, seminars and meetings of sportive character, the touristic visa could be issued, upon the presence of the firm invitation and fulfillment of the conditions specified four the touristic visa.